Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reading Corner

Thanks to all my friends and family for a great birthday! I had a good day at work despite the intensity of the problems. I am sitting here with a smile on my face - completely content with this birthday. Good day at work, nice dinner with a friend, great presents from family and friends. Very nice day indeed. :)

I bought this book over the weekend at Target after returning an exercise system I was pretty sure I wouldn't use. It's a young adult book. I've really enjoyed this section in the recent months - years. So as an ode to all things full of teenage angst - I thought I would make a list of my favorites.

*Looking for Alaska by John Green*

*An Abundance of Katherines by John Green*

*Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson*

*I am the Messenger by Mark Zusak*

*Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer*

I'm currently itching to buy these three books:

*Paper Towns by John Green*

*The Book Thief by Mark Zusak*

*Jelliecoe Road by Melina Marchetta*

There's something comforting about a list of books. Good books feed my soul in immeasurable ways. Speaking of books - I'm still reading The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure how much longer I'll be trying to read it. It has words like sobriquet and vertiginously. I have a graduate degree and I have no idea what many of the words she uses mean. I don't like to use dictionary.com to decipher books. However, on the positive side, it is really well written and the story is intriguing. So I'm going to hang in there FOR NOW. I hope this Tuesday finds you well. I for one will be doing my best to have a good day. I'm getting off the mats. Until then...Happy Reading & Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info