Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reading Corner

For quite some time I have been intrigued by painting, drawing and collaging. This is after years of telling myself I am talentless when it comes to visual arts. Actually, I think I've told myself I'm pretty much talentless in all arts. And in truth, I've always wanted to be more artistic. Unfortunately, I've been replaying my message of no talent since grade school. I remember being envious of others talents as far back as second grade. Not sure how to mount an offensive against self talk that has been in existence since the age of 7.

The cool thing is I am mounting an offensive. I've bought the paint brushes, paint, canvases, graphite pencils and books (of course). In honor of my attempt to stay true to the voice inside my head saying collage, paint, draw - give it a try, I'm devoting this reading corner to a few books on collage. I hope they are inspiring to someone in the same way they've been inspiring to me.









I've read the first two books, Talking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings by Kelly Rae Roberts and Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista. I'm currently reading Collage Journeys by Jane Davies. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I apologize for the size of the pictures - still trying to figure this thing out. I hope this Tuesday finds you well. Until then...Happy Reading & Crafting!

BTW: Ok - now I'm pissed. As many of you know - I've been going through quite a slump right now. I feel like someone took a wrecking ball to my creative brain. And then - I go on Kelly Rae Roberts blog to post a link and see this. WTF: Her sister-in-law JUST started painting and it's amazing! I'm ashamed of my stuff. I am clearly doing something wrong - and ranting and raving won't help. I just needed to do it (rant). I know I need to be happy for her and I will try to search deep into the recesses of my soul to find something. I might be searching for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info