Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Humpday Challenge




Difficult does not begin to express how I felt when staring at my blank cardstock on Sunday. It was incredibly difficult (can't seem to think of a better word) for me to start this layout over the weekend. After a very long week, I had no interest in being crafty. I spoke to a friend and she helped me get motivated. She even offered to send a pic of one of her layouts if I couldn't get it done. Thanks so much dear friend! :) I finally found a challenge I like on the One Little Word site. I immediately started making a mental list of all the things that reflect my reality right now. This layout took a LONG time - almost the entire run of The Dark Knight. I spent a lot of time stamping petals from my Technique Tuesday stamps. I love the flower petal stamps. You can find them here and here. The paper was from Fancy Pants Designs. I really wanted my stamped images to mirror the distressed look of the paper. So, I stamped each petal and watercolored with Tea Dye Distress Ink over each image. I then used my Broken China Color Wash Spray. I did the exact opposite on the title. I watercolored with Broken China Distress Ink and used a direct to paper technique with my Tea Dye Distress Ink. It was my first time using all of these techniques - but I think it turned out good. It's alot easier to be laid-back when you're so burnt out you don't care what the hell happens. Now if I could only be laid back in the inspiration phase. I think it's quite funny that I tackled a layout like this - when I feel so drained creatively. It always seems to work out that way for me - I think I'm going to just get this over with and then a few hours later I'm done. I wonder if anyone else goes through this.

As everyone knows, I've had some pretty tough weeks lately. I even had a short-lived cycle of sending positive thoughts into the universe. And by short - I mean 12 hours. So Monday I was pretty convinced the universe was not too happy with me and then yesterday morning something great happened. I won another challenge at Method Playground. Now I want everyone to know this challenge was a random drawing. They chose two random participants. It was NOT for the best layout. But who the heck cares - I'm getting more free stuff! At least I hope I am. So it made me think, maybe the universe is not telling me to suck it. Maybe the universe is trying to give me a clue about my job. Who the heck knows? What I do know is I WILL be sending positive thoughts tomorrow - even if it's only for scrapbooking. :)

In other news - I continue to love my Rock-A-Blocks. They have made stamping with clear stamps much more enjoyable. I also find my hands hurt a lot less. Pigment and/or chalk ink is a must for me when I use clear stamps. I have also found that Marvy Matchables work well. I haven't had much success with other dye-based inks. I also have the best luck with high quality stamps. My favorites are Hero Arts, Technique Tuesday, Autumn Leaves, and My Favorite Things. If you have any faves - please let us know in the comments section. I know - I don't need to buy another thing! :) I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday. Until then...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info