Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Success!

I love to color. I hardly ever play games at school. I'm always reaching for coloring activities. It's my own bias I guess. So it's come as quite a surprise that I don't enjoy coloring rubber stamped images. Well, at least until today! I'm turning the corner on watercoloring for sure - however, I didn't have any idea what to do about my fancy Prismacolor pencils. I've had them for over a year and I even bought the Gamasol to make the lines disappear and blend. Except - after one round of cards I realized I was way to lazy to do all of that. The process was way too time intensive. Enter the Hero Arts Video. I've spent the last few hours coloring in my images with my Prismacolors. I'm so satisfied with my results. Please don't misunderstand, this process is time consuming as well. However, it does not require me to get out my stinky gamasol and blending pen and pray that it looks okay. I like this way MUCH better. In fact, I am so satisfied I couldn't wait to post a couple of pictures here.


These are pictures of 5 of the 6 images I colored today. My favorite is second from the left. I did some close up pictures to give you a better look. Sorry for the poor quality.




These images were made following the directions from the tutorial. I also used my Prismacolor colorless blender. I am so thankful to Hero Arts. I hope this gives someone the extra push to watch a video and try something new this weekend. It worked for me. Until then...Happy Crafting!

BTW: I got my pencils using my 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby. You could also use a Michaels coupon. It helped my health to get the money off these somewhat pricey pencils. One year later - it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info