Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reading Corner

Happy Tuesday. I had a wonderful three-day weekend. I don't really understand why I can't work a four-day week and get paid full-time - I guess it's the delusional person in me. Also I seem to be getting greedier with my time as my hobbies dig their claws in. Don't get me wrong - I'm completely happy to have something to obsess over. I just need my time too. Not to mention - the laundromat is almost joyful in the morning on Mondays at around 8:30 - thereby cementing my need for the three-day weekend. Gotta love that. I digress. This book (above) is currently on top of my large pile of books. I really want this blog to be a success. However, I don't really understand how the blogging world works. At least I don't understand to my standards. Yes, I can get a blog started and upload a template with few problems but what about the bigger picture. How do I make a blog successful? How do I make it original? How do I make it a reflection of me? What the heck should I do about comments? How the heck do I make categories show up on my sidebar? When should I go public? These are all the questions swirling around in my head. People who know me well can predict these kinds of questions send me straight to the bookstore. I'm on page 46 and I've learned quite a bit. And this is the part of the book I thought I could skip! I'll keep you posted.

And in other happy news - my Get Creative With Type book by Brian Tippetts has landed. I have been searching high and low for this book. I've called Archivers and my local scrapbooking stores weekly to find out if this book has arrived. I looked on Amazon and it hadn't been released in the middle of February. I checked old Creating Keepsakes to verify the release date - December 2008. But for the life of me - I couldn't find it anywhere except the Creating Keepsakes website (at the end of January) and I was way too cheap for that. So finally - I ordered it on Amazon with another little scrapbooking number I had been obsessing over since NOVEMBER. So happy it's finally here in my house. I haven't started reading it yet. I want to savor the fact that it's in my house and I can open it up whenever I want. Not to mention I'm a little consumed with learning about blogging at the moment. To be honest - I'm a little overwhelmed with the sheer number of purchases I've made care of my tax check - which is long gone. I never really let myself go in the spending arena. It was a nice treat - even if it makes me want to throw up a bit. I'm happy to be surrounded by the "things" that I love - books and craft supplies. I hope everyone has a nice day. Until then...Happy Reading and Crafting!

BTW: Still loving my Rock-A-Blocks! And...I've just decided (at 6:45 AM) the blog will go public on my 32nd birthday. This gives me time to read my book, make changes, and be comfortable with the process. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info