Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Humpday Challenge

After the "joyful" posts over the last two days, I bet you were wondering if I even did a challenge over the weekend. Thankfully I dug deep and finished something. I have two layouts waiting - paper cut, pictures picked out, and nothing else. Great, I know. I did the challenge on the Design Experiment blog. It's a new find thanks to Brenda Hurd from Method Playground. I started this page wanting to paint a background. I didn't like it too much when I was finished - it got thrown away. I had already stamped the background paper - I decided to use the Marrakech line from Basic Grey and it kind of went wonky from there. It's not a matchy, matchy layout. I don't love it - but at least I got my butt in the chair and did something. I love the quote. I saw it on Ali Edward's blog a few weeks ago and then realized something today. I made a collage with the quote while in graduate school over four years ago. Gotta love that. Gotta love it when your past meets your present in small ways. If you would have asked me, I would have told you I didn't like this quote until recently. I would have been very wrong. These words resonate with me still. I'm not sure if it's easy to read - so I will post it here.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination. For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.
-Souza

I hope someday I will except that life is a journey not a destination. I hope I begin to remember that in my creative life. Even though I'm not in love with this layout, it's part of the journey to the next thing I'm crazy about. Even though I'm in a creative slump, it's part of the journey to inspiration. It's a hard lesson - I might spend my entire life trying to learn it - but it gives this sad girl a little hope. Until then...Happy Crafting!

BTW: I'm trying really hard not to cry right now. I need to get off the mat - I'm so not sure how. I hope this ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info