Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

You've Got to be Kidding Me!

Just when you thought you were adult enough to take the plastic off the dining room chairs (that you bought three years ago), you spill grape juice on them and your beige carpet. What am I three? It's like when you finally own your car and it breaks down. It sucks. Guess I can kiss that deposit goodbye. But...I'm not gonna let it get me down. I'm clumsy and accident prone and I own that. So off to better things!

I did a card today for the Etsy Inspired Challenge #94. The inspirational Etsy shop for the challenge is Sand Box Studio. I was really inspired by the sunflowers on this tote.

When I saw the sunflowers, I knew I wanted to use one of my new Hero Arts cling stamps. The flower image seemed to be a perfect fit. I took the direct route in terms of color inspiration. However, I did use a little yellow-orange to break up the yellow. I used both Copic markers and Sharpies to color the image. The sentiment is also from Hero Arts. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket and totally outside the norm for me. I was really drawn in by the yellow. Have I mentioned how much I love yellow?


I also got a chance to make something else today. I guess I should say cover something today. In one of the first few episodes of Paperclipping Roundtable, Nancy Nally talked about Moleskine notebooks with kraft paper covers. She likes to decorate the cover using stamps and keeps them in her purse or uses them as gifts. The inside pages come in different styles. It seemed like such a cool idea - so I went out and bought a 3-pack for 7.95. Today I finished the third notebook. It will be the first that I'm keeping for myself.

If you can't guess - I'll be using it to write ideas for this blog. I really liked the finished cover. Again, I used a Hero Arts cling stamp. I love this flower image. I paper-pieced the flower which was quite a bitch to be honest (please excuse my language). The paper is from Basic Grey. I believe the letter stamps are from Pink Paislee - but I'm not totally sure.

Now - let's go full circle - back to the beginning. You know - the beginning where I make mistakes like a child. Both of these projects were a comedy of errors. I tried three different covers before settling on the paper-pieced image for my journal. I kept on making mistakes and stayed positive through the process. On the card - I had colored the flower and mounted it on the card and somehow black ink got in the petals. Luckily - I had started the card wanting to make it dimensional and had stamped it three times. I was able to use one of the extra images to clean it up. After moving the cards to the other table - I decided to clean up and promptly spilled grape juice everywhere. I'm so thankful the projects had been moved to safety or I would be crying even now. I think I've learned one thing - when mistakes keep on happening at the craft table, it's probably best to walk away. At least that's what I've learned at this point. I hope everyone has had a good Thursday. Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info