Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Need. Coffee. Right. Now. Please.


It's Friday and frankly - I'm exhausted.  I'm not getting good sleep on my adventure at all.  I spent most of the morning trying to tame my mane so I'm a little late getting to the computer - which is a real drain sucker.  I'm really married to my routine - I even have a layout about it. Getting out of that routine drains my enthusiasm - even for this little blog I love - but I will keep on pushing forward.  Warning - this blog post is going to be all over the place.  I hope you find something of interest here today.

Process
I'm really interested in watching creative people's process - both artists and crafters.  The beauty of blogging and connecting in this way is the ability to see each person's process and things that bring them joy/inspiration.  I'm never disappointed when I see a post on process.  Here are three of my favorites right now.

*Geninne's Art Blog (Posts from Friday, June 9 to Thursday, June 15, 2010) - This piece is so beautiful.  I really wish I was her sister Kiki - then this piece of art would be mine.

*Michelle Zindorf's Freedom in Creativity Blog - Really not sure how she does it.  Even with all the great picture and instructions.  I need help!

*Ali Edwards's "I love you today because..." mini album - I admire Ali's style a lot.  It's not anything like mine at all.

Fun Finds
*Stampington Company - Tempting Templates - templates to make fun projects like houses, purses, etc. with paper and fabric.

*Stampington & Company - The Studio - great reference for tutorials on art projects similar to what is represented in their publications.

*Stampington & Company - Video Library - video tutorials on multiple projects.

*Great tutorial by Kirstina Werner on creative use of ribbon on cards.  Love it.

Color Inspiration
I love bold colors and patterns.  I gravitate to greens, yellows, and blues, but am open to almost anything.  I love the bold colors used by these three artists.

*Sankari Wegman

*Michelle Clement

*Larissa Albernaz

That's it for now.  No big plans today.  I'm not feeling so great so I'll probably play it pretty close to the chest today.  I hope everyone has a good day.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info