Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Need Some Help Here!

Have you ever bought a stamp or product that was so attractive in the store that you couldn't live without it?  When you got home - did you find it nearly impossible to wrap your brain around making it work on a real project?  Did it stay in the back of your stash as just a pretty piece of decoration rather than a functioning part of your creative life?

This happens to me more than I'd like to admit.  I'd like to share a few items that keep me stumped.  First up - Memory Box's stamp, Batik Birds.


I loved this stamp from the moment I saw it.  I was entranced by the sample card from the manufacturer.  I bought it in February and it has never been used on a card.  I saw something recently on a blog and realized I needed to rethink this image.  Julia Stainton from The Classroom has given two great examples for this stamp here and here.  I also found three great ideas on the Memory Box site herehere, and here.  Can you keep a secret?  I'm not overly thrilled with some of the examples.  Which leads me to believe, this stamp might not work for me.  However - I will keep plugging away.  I sincerely hope it will not be part of my upcoming purge.

On to the next example - another Memory Box lovely.


I love this image to itty bitty pieces.  I was once again floored by the sample card.  I've had a couple months and have never used it.  It's so lovely - and I just can't use it.  So I went on another hunt and found a really great card on a blog called Monkey Business.  Totally seems doable - I might take a crack at it this afternoon (this lovely made the trip).  I also found another amazing card here.  Don't ask me how to create that brayered effect.  I'm a total virgin when it comes to that effect - and like some virgins - I'm terrified to give it a try.  Last but not least - I found a cool sample on the Memory Box site.  I'm starting to feel good about this image - which is a great thing.

That's it for now.  Today: I have big plans to craft.  Did I tell you that I finally made a card using this stamp set?  It's another example of a rarely used set - but I just love it.  I think I had a breakthrough of sorts with this set last night.


I was really inspired by this card from a previous Etsy Inspired Challenge.  I also was ready to color on kraft paper.  I have seen a lot of cards lately that use kraft as a background for the stamped image and I think it's beautiful.  I decided to give it a try.  Love it so much.  BTW: I probably won't be able to post the card until my current adventure is over.  I brought my camera but not the cord.  I know - don't get me started.  So that's it for now.  I have some other stamps to talk about - but I'll save that for later.  I hope this Thursday finds you well.  Trying not to think about the expiration date on my adventure.  Wish me luck!  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info