Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oops or How I Fixed a Mistake


I'm very happy to announce that I'm once again in the Inspiration Phase of creativity.  It's been such a long time since I've been here and I'm absolutely ecstatic that I'm back.  I finished my dad's cards yesterday - no today.  I'm very happy with what they look like.  Truth be known - I'm happy in general.  It feels good to be flexing my creative muscles again.  I'm at that point where I'm excited to see what will happen next.  I love it!

So I thought I'd share something with you a breakthrough of sorts. I made a mistake on one of my cards.  I stamped directly on the card instead of on a separate piece of paper to allow for error. I didn't like the result and I thought there was nothing I could do.  I loved the dancing girl image and I was pretty happy with the card until I stamped "Days Like These Make Me."  It was too crowded to the edge and I didn't like it at all.  In fact, it was all I could not stop thinking about. 


So...I got up this morning with a fresh eye and came up with this solution.  I totally ditched the saying and went for something a little simpler.  I thought the red paper would be a good substitute and would help things come together.  In the end - it's a little overworked but it's better than it's original (IMHO).   Had a few kinks with adding the red cardstock but I think it was worth it.



So there you are - progress.  A few months ago - this card would have went in the trash.  And - I totally would have lost a great image.  I need to remember to be a little easier on myself.  Not everything is going to be perfect.  So...I'm going to leave you with a slide show of the cards I completed for my dad.  I tried to make two color stories (red, orange, yellow, blue) and (blue, green, teal).  Turns out one story is far heavier than the other.  Can you guess which one?  Despite some false starts and mistakes - I'm happy with what I've got here.  I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info