Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ebb and Flow

In the last three years of my crafty life, I have learned one thing - my drive/willingness to be creative ebbs and flows.  Sometimes I don't want anything to do with crafting - don't want to look at the stuff in my house - want it out of my head.  Other times - I'm full of ideas and a creating machine.  And then - there are the times I want more - I want to stretch myself and do new things.  I know this much is true - there is no constant when it comes to creativity (at least not mine).  This year I realized one more thing - I'm interested in crafting at the end of the school year.  I'm too stressed.  My head is full of too many things to even think beyond the day to day.  Last year it took almost two months for my head to clear - but this year it only took one little convention.

I went to a rubber stamp convention nearby recently - and I was completely floored.  I had planned on getting quite a few things from my local Archivers at the Hero Arts trunk show.  I even took stock of how I had used my stamp purchases last year at the same convention and the results were not good.  I assumed the Hero Arts images I would use the most.  I kept to the plan for about 10 minutes of shopping and then realized there was no way I was going to Archivers.  I've already used a few of my images and wanted to share them with you today.  I am so happy to find stamps that have people that look like me - can't even say how much it means to me.  So without further ado....









The first three images are from RubberNecker Stamps - which has great images at a very low price point.  I got six stamps for $27 from this company.  The stamps were pre-cut, unmounted with cling foam.  Doesn't get much better than that.  The last stamps were from Too Much Fun Rubberstamps.  I love the oven and the sentiment.  It's too great and fits my personality so well.  These are just a first go with my goodies.  I will have much more to play with in the upcoming weeks.  Finally excited to create.  Can't tell you how much I love that.

I'm going to leave you with a picture of a new project I plan to start in the coming weeks.  It represents an opportunity to stretch and grow which I just love. 


And with that - there isn't much more to report.  I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info