Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Do A Little Dance

I love this song.  You know...do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight.  It reminds me of my days at USC and hearing the marching band play that little diddy while the boys tried to smash their opponents.  It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  So - when I saw this dancing cupcake in the My Zoetrope store on Etsy - I was immediately inspired.  I decided to make a card as close to the original as possible for the Etsy Inspired Challenge blog (love this site - full of inspirational goodness).    The final card looked like this:


It's a mini card (3X3).  Truth be know - I'm not a fan of it.  I had to freehand the arms, legs, eyes, mouth and sentiment.  It's not perfect - but I didn't really expect it to be.  It's my first time out and I just can't expect to hit it out of the park.  The important thing is...I did something new.  I stretched myself just a little.  I have a little image I love - because really who can resist a dancing cupcake?  It brings a smile to my face and that's all I really needed - a chance to flex those creative muscles in the cutest way imaginable.  Not to mention - it totally makes me think of Chandler from "Friends."  Does anyone remember that line - "They're gonna do a little dance, make a little love, pretty much get down tonight?"  Love it!  So there you go - a return to challenge after a very long hiatus.  Can't wait to do more.  Hope this Wednesday finds you well.  I'm going to get out of the house - take a trip to my second home and relax.  Until then...

BTW: Sorry for the poor picture quality.  My flash kept on skewing the image.  I guess it was the colored pencils.  Not nearly as dark in person.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info