Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Here, There, Everywhere!

Inspiration is a funny thing.  It can come in all different shapes, sizes, images, etc.  Some of my favorite sources of inspiration include, fabric, interior design, nature, patterns, blogs, and the list goes on.  Lately I've been obsessed with interior design.  I don't really have a defined style when it comes to my home or fashion.  I'm not really that girl.  However, since I've been watching "Sarah's House" on HGTV - I've been obsessed with vintage, handmade, pattern, reusable bits of furniture, etc.  And from this one little show, I think my style has started to emerge.  I've finally started to pinpoint things I like instead of the things I don't.  Who would've guesses that I would love antiques, barn wood for the floor and walls, and yellow so much?  It's been something of a eurkea moment for me - just one more thing summer vacation makes possible for me - time to learn more about myself.

This morning I had the drive to search for interior design blogs that might satiate my new thirst for all things home.  I found a lot of great blogs.  I even added three to the What's Inspiring Me Now column.  I found a picture of a color scheme that really speaks to me on the Coco + Kelley blog.  So much so - that I'm thinking about whether it would be a good direction for my bedroom.  I'm desperately in need of a change. 


I absolutely love the gray, cream, black, and coral color scheme.  I have grand plans to use this color scheme on a handmade card or scrapbook layout.  I love everything about each little picture (minus the tomato book).  I even love the kitchen showcased on the blog.  It seems so fresh and beautiful. I can't wait to start investigating these colors more through my crafts.  So fun.

Today: I have big crafty plans.  I am having the first (of hopefully many) crafty afternoons with two of my favorite people.  Our plan is to bring one fun technique to show or try.).  I'm bring this technique to the table.  I've never tried it before - but I'm hopeful due to this embossing folder by Tim Holtz.


I promise to post the results in the next couple of days.  The remainder of our crafty time will be spent on any current crafty projects we've been working on.  I'm not sure what project I'll be bringing.  I might actually scrapbook.  I haven't done enough of that lately.  I'll have more to report tomorrow.  I also have two layouts to post.  I completed both at the beginning of the week.  Time for breakfast, coffee, and then some light reading until it's time to get ready to go.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info