Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Day I Operated on 2.5 Hours of Sleep


I'm happy to report the school year is over and I have more than two months of rest and relaxation in front of me.  I thought I would be crafting like a fiend by now.  But I forgot that I'm pretty spent at this time of the year and the last thing I want to do is think too much.  And trust me...I think way too much when I'm crafting.  The inner critic in my head is a chatty thing.  So instead of crafting, I've been reading like nobody's business.  I stayed up until 4:00 in the morning trying to read this book.  I was 15 pages away from the end when I threw in the towel.  Absolutely nothing was registering in my brain.  So - I fell asleep until 6:30 (WTF?) and promptly had a disaster in my bathroom (overflowing toilet to the likes of nothing I've ever seen before - didn't know it could put out so much frickin' water!).  So after that - I needed some time to unwind or I was going to need to crawl out of my own skin.  I finally finished the last 15 pages about 15 minutes ago and can say with absolutely certainty - I love this book.  Next on the reading pile is this:


I'm really looking forward to jumping into this book.  I'll probably start it sometime today with the hope of finishing it in the next few days.  I want to be a reading machine this summer.  I can't seem to get much reading done during the school year - so I have very high hopes for Summer 2010!  I think I read 10 or 11 books last year and I'm hoping to beat that number.  Let's hope I can do it.  I'm also reading this and this at the same time if anyone is interested.  I find that I can't read 2 fiction books at a time but I can mix in other genres.  Funny how that works.

On the crafting front I don't have anything to report.  I need to make 15 cards for my dad in the next week.  I'm giving myself a deadline.  I also need to print out pictures and finish my layout for the next installment in the circle journal - which I'm realizing might not be for me.  I do not like crafting on demand.  I need to get pictures printed from Iowa (not many but a few I would like to scrap).  And I need to wrap my head around making an art piece based on some pretty strong feelings I had recently.  Hoping the fog will lift soon so I can be a crafting and reading machine.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info