Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

No More Promises

A girl should not make promises she cannot keep.  It's a rule of sorts.  I'm breaking it today.  My fun technique did not turn out so well for me - while it did for my friends (very happy about that!).  The wax paper shifted and nothing is straight.  What the hell - here's a picture of my "mistake."


It's not the best picture in the world - but hopefully you get the gist.  The technique is super simple.  I think it might work better on less intricate designs.  I used the collage embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  I'm sure it can be salvaged in some way - just not sure how in this moment.  I'm pretty stumped at this point.

Since I'm not sharing the project I did with my technique - I thought I'd share some semi-recent scrapbook pages.  The first page is from the beginning of the year.   It's a direct scraplift from Elizabeth Kartchner from her Dear Lizzy column in Creating Keepsakes.  When I say direct - I mean direct.  Basically I changed the colors and a few other things.  The second page is based on a theme from one of women in my circle journal group.  She wanted to know three places we would visit if money and time were no object.  I could only pick two.  I'm a homebody and don't think about going too many places.  The third page is about my favorite little guy in the world right now.




Isn't that the best picture you've ever seen of a baby ever!  Love him so much.  The last two layouts were inspired by two sketches from Pencil Lines.  Paradise is based loosely on this sketch.  Flying By is based on this sketch. So that's it for now.  I hope everyone has a great Friday!  I have a date with Hero Arts.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info