Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reading Corner - LOAD it Up!

I'm working hard to get in the LOAD frame of mind this week.  I had nine weeks of class prior to Thursday to gear up - but somehow that whole process was lost on me.  I've been scrambling (in my brain) to think of ways to keep the momentum for 26 days which match up with the first quarter of school and tend to be the most tiring days of Fall.  So - since it's a day about reading - I thought I might share some books that could be incredibly helpful for LOAD.  Believe it or not - I own every single one of these books and highly recommend each.

1.  Idea Generating - We Dare You: Scrapbook Challenges about Real Life by Kristina Contes, Meghan Dymock, Nisa Fiin, & Genevieve Simmonds & 50 Moments: Scrapbook the Pages that Matter Most by Lisa Bearnson & Creating Keepsakes



I love both of these books.  The first book (The Dares) really rocked my world and has a website with ongoing challenges.  I'm excited to use these as part of my LOAD process.

2.  Journaling Help! - Your Words, Your Story: Add Meaningful Journaling to Your Layouts by Michele Skinner.


I actually already have a great idea from this book - blog posts.  I'm going to comb through my blog and find potential pages.  I'll be sure to keep you posted on where I'm at in the process.

3.  Challenge Love: 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Elizabeth Kartchner


Let's be clear - there isn't any challenges about scrapbooking the hard times or good times.  It's a book full of fun challenges that have more to do with design and pushing yourself in your styling.  It can definitely help with inspiration when taking on a long project.

4.  Sketch Love: Scrapbook Page Maps: Sketches for Creative Layouts & Scrapbook Page Maps 2: More Sketches for Creative Layouts both by Becky Fleck.



There are a wide range of options in these two books.  Also - there are flash cards with each sketch and an example.  So wonderful!

5.  Ali Edwards Love:  Life Artist: Scrapbooking Life's Journey


I love everything about Mrs. Ali Edwards.  She has great ideas and is just a burst of inspiration.  I credit her and Cathy Zielske with creating my love for this hobby.  I definitely go to her books and website when times are rough.

Before I get going - I want to make sure to give credit to my source for all the book images - www.bn.com otherwise known as Barnes & Noble.  Each book title link will take you to the source page.  Also - I want to say I'm super excited about this journey and can't wait to blog about how it's going.  I'm going to try and find more inspirational sites and books to share in the upcoming weeks.  I hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday.  Not much to report here in the way of a to do list.  I just need to hurry.  Stalling never helped anyone get to work.  Take care.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info