Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

ISFP



I listened to the most recent Paperclipping Roundtable podcast today on personality specifically centered on the Myers-Briggs Personality test and it's relationship to scrapbooking.  I took the test - literally minutes ago and was a little surprised.  I highly recommend listening to the podcast to hear Angie Lucas's descriptions on personality and the test.  She's read several books and even presented a powerpoint presentation on the subject.  So - without further ado...here are my results...

I = Introverted (67) ~ which puts me in the "distinctly expressed introvert" category.  No surprises there.

S = Sensing (1) ~ which puts in the "slightly expressed sensing personality" category.  Totally surprised by this - I was sure I would be intuitive.

F = Feeling (12) - again it puts me in the "slightly expressed feeling personality" category.  No surprise here - except that the number wasn't larger.  I'm closer to the thinking side than I imagine I would be.

P = Perceiving (33) which puts me in the "moderately expressed perceiving personality" category.  No problem in this area.

From the test site (found here) - there are several links where you can learn about your specific personality, career types, and famous people.  I almost did a little jig when I saw J.K. Rowling on the list.  I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw others which I'm way too nice to name here.  Also, counseling is on the list of careers for ISFP - which fits pretty well since I'm in the mental health field.  I have to say - I was a little disappointed to be in the sensing category.  However, with a score of 1 it pretty much means I teeter between sensing and intuition.  I felt a little better after reading this little tidbit - clearly I'm neither one or the other fully.  

What does this mean for crafting?  Well - I enjoy crafting alone and shopping alone.  I enjoy being with other people/friends in the store - but prefer quiet and solitude during the actual process.  I don't enjoy moving through a store together with people - it drives me a little nuts.  Due to the feeling and perceiving - it makes complete sense that journaling is a major focus when it comes to my pages.  I don't have a problem getting to the heart of the matter in written form.  I fit in the Artisan/Composer category which didn't feel like me at all when I read the description.  I'm missing something...I think.  Well long story short - take the test and listen to the podcast and tell me what you think.  I'm not sure what I think yet about the test.  I absolutely sure that I love the podcast!



On to other topics...specifically reading!  I finished this little gem.  Approximately 60 pages from the end, I almost threw it across the room but got over it by the end.  I'm going to use the word astounding to describe this book - but reserve the right to change it at any moment.  I wanted to quote a passage here that meant a lot to me.  The book begins with the two main character's graduation day and follows that same day over many years.  This is on that first day (but chronologically a LOT later in the book)...

"Live each day as it's your last,' that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that?  What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just wasn't practical.  Better by far to simply try and be good and courageous and bold and to make a difference.  Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you.  Go out there with your passion and your electric typewriter and work hard at...something.  Change lives through art maybe.  Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well.  Experience new things.  Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."
Nicholls, David.  (2009).  One Day.  New York, NY: Vintage Books. 

I want to start by saying I love the word glandy.  I keep wondering what the American English equivalent is for the word glandy - I'm going with hormonal or bitchy depending on the day.  I read this paragraph and thought to myself, 'isn't that the truth.'  How genius to get that at the age of 21 or 22 instead of 34.  I can't recommend this book more.  All I can say is hang in there - no matter what.  I'm moving on to a new book a friend lent to me on the Nook Color.  I'm told it's hysterical so I really am super excited.  So that's it for today.  I hope everyone had a lovely Saturday!  Until then...

OMT:  I thought this book was astounding TODAY and could very well think it blows 2 months from now.  I gave a good review to this book and actually want to throw things at it when I see it on the bargain table at my local book store.  I even wanted to read the sequel - which I now think only hostile thoughts about.  Oh well - live and learn.  Just to say - tastes change and sometimes it's about where you are in that moment.  The basic gyst is...if you hate it, please don't hate me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info