Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Mother LOAD Update

Hello All!  I'm so excited to share something crafty finally.  I feel like I have a little explaining to do to all my readers (all five or six of you).  Right now - I'm really feeling creative and inspired.  However, it hasn't been in the arena of paper crafts.  I've been all about reading, writing, and decorating.  So...don't be surprised if things look a little different for a while.  If there's one thing I've learned over the past four years - it's to go where the inspiration takes you.

On to the Mother LOAD...A few days ago I was watching a video by crafty Lain Ehmann on BPC and she was talking about getting "caught up"; which in scrapbooking terms should be the equivalent of MF in my opinion.  Then I realized...I haven't been doing my assignments and I better get my ass in gear if I'm going to do the 26 layouts in 26 days.  NOT to mention I should probably figure out when that whole thing starts, get pictures ready, do the other assignments, etc.  Basically I need to light a fire under my rear.  So - I took Lain's dear advice and combined two assignments.  I combined my Holy Grail new products from Authentique and started a page with the journaling.  I feel like I cheated a little since the journaling came almost verbatim from a blog post - but got over that quickly.  Using my blog posts on my scrapbook pages is breaking new ground for me.  No guilt necessary - double arm pump essential.  So without further ado...my scrappy efforts.


This first photo is my finished layout with everything in it's place.  Almost every product is from Authentique - a very cool company with a rockin' focus on being green.  The only additions are decorative brads from SEI and Basic Grey and wooden buttons from Studio Calico.  The picture is from MorgueFile.com.  I did some processing to it before having it printed.  Gotta love free pictures of hummingbird feeders when you're a girl like me.  


This photo shows the interactive parts of the layout - which is pretty much everything.  Both the large piece of patterned paper and the photo are connected to the background by a brad - making each section moveable.  The photo must be moved first then the large piece of patterned paper with the Jen Lemen quote.  You might be wondering why I chose to hide the journaling.  Frankly - it was a lot of journaling and I could not figure out a way to fit the picture and journaling on a 12 X 12 page.  I also loved the flower paper and just couldn't see covering it up with almost a full letter size page of paper - so I went with the hidden option.  It's not because it's too personal - it's just a story I wanted to document in more than one way.  I'm satisfied with the finished product.  No - I'm not satisfied - I'm ecstatic.  This is the byproduct of using the things I love.  Gotta feel good about that!

This week is a big week for me.  Work starts again and I have the perfect assignment to go with it.  The focus for this week is to be intentional and convey emotion.  This week is definitely bringing up some interesting emotions.  I'm starting at a new place.  I'm super excited, nervous, and a little trepidation.  All the normal emotions associated with embarking on a new journey.  Doesn't it just sound perfect!  I have some pics of my new office and I'm going to get a picture of my building.  The plan is to go digital for this layout.  Can't wait to see what happens.  So that's it for Sunday.  I guess I had a lot to say!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Until then...

BTW:  The Big Idea Festival which is FREE starts tomorrow at BPC.  Sign up immediately if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info