Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just Get Over it Already - Perfection in Cardmaking

I spent the summer completing a personal challenge on reading.  It went so well I'm extending it to the first quarter of the school year.  My goal is to read 5 books in 8 weeks.  I think it's doable - but we'll have to see.  I also made another challenge over the summer - to make 28 cards for Operation Write Home.  It's a wonderful organization that provides cards to soldiers.  If you're interested - please look at the card guidelines.  They are really important!  I also encourage you to look and see what kind of cards are needed currently here.   Also - I highly encourage and give you permission to NOT FREAK OUT when you read the following words...


"Do your best work! Our heroes are giving up so much for us and they deserve the very best we can create for them. Plus - as hard as it is to think about, it's possible your card may be the final communication between a hero and their loved ones at home...make sure it's the best work you know how to do, that it's on good cardstock that will last well in a scrapbook, and that everything's attached securely and won't fall apart. These cards may be heirlooms - so let's create some really beautiful ones!"


Let's just be clear...  I'm giving you permission because these words brought me to my knees.  I haven't moved since my 5th card and that was a month ago.  I have 23 to go and I HAVE to make this challenge.  So - I'm going to do my best to quiet that damn critic in my head and get to work.  Here's a look at my first five cards.  I keep on asking myself if their heirloom worthy or if they are good enough for someone's final communication with a loved one.  Someone help!  .


There are a few things I'm struggling with - mostly my inability to use thick buttons.  I have absolutely NO problem with the glitter rule.  I just need someone to come over and tell me to chill the eff out.  Maybe it doesn't matter so much what the card looked like - just that it was from a loved one far away.  I'm going to do my best on this challenge - no beating myself up.  You heard it hear ladies and gentleman (otherwise known as Poppi).  I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info