Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home Base

 Image Linked with Love from MorgueFile.com

There are times when I feel like I need to leave my house because I need to clear my head - or I need to read and think about things.  Today I started wondering why this place - my home - isn't it (that place) for me.  I've been talking a lot with someone dear to me about making my place a home.  I'm the person who was living like traveling person - renting an apartment for a month before moving to another place.  It had been almost six years with nothing on the walls - and very few photos anywhere.  I was living in a place - but it wasn't a home.  And now that I've started to put up pictures and find little things to make this place mine - I'm wondering why I still need to leave this place to reboot.  Do I need to burn sage?  Do I need to buy more things?  

No - I don't think I need do any of that - unless the purchase is a perceived necessity like a headboard.  I just need to remember this is my home.  It's hard being away from the people you love - it's a fact.  However, it doesn't matter where the people you love are - as long as their with you in spirit, in your heart.  So I'm working hard on making this my home base - my place of peace.  Don't get me wrong - there is absolutely nothing wrong with hitting up places like these...






It's just time...to start being comfortable in my own home - my own skin.  That's what's most important to me right now - in this moment.  So - instead of spending the day away from home catching up on favorite summer movies or reading a book at my second home, I'm going to be here.  I'm going to craft and read and make a plan for this little nook I have online.  I'm going to play with my new gelatos and watercolor crayons.  Tomorrow it all begins again - and this has got to be home base - not just the place I lay my head or watch Leroy Jethro Gibbs.  It's more than that - it's an extension of me, my life, what matters most.  So I leave you on that note - and one more thing...I know I promised crafty goodness and I'm getting there.  I made a page last night from a blog post that I'm pretty darn proud of which will be going up sometime today.  So - don't fear - the craftiness will be back here soon.  Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info