Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reading Corner

Young adult books are my new absolute favorite. If you haven't heard yet - the young adult book section is an incredible gem for voracious readers. At first I had to leave behind my embarrassment at being a 31 year old searching this section. But then something amazing happened - I started to find the most unbelievable books. Books unlike anything I had read in a long time. How could I have been missing out on this? The two books (Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines) above by John Green are two of the best books I've read in years. They have male protagonists and generally describe all my feelings about being a teenager (despite the fact I'm a girl). Come to think of it - they describe most of my feelings about being an adult. I often wonder what being an adult means. Yes, I have the job, car, apartment, bills, etc - but inside I don't feel much different. I often wonder if the feeling of being an ADULT comes with marriage and children. I keep on thinking the next milestone will do it (i.e., job, 30, etc.). I'm starting to think that no one gets it all figured out.

On the crafting front - I'm currently working on coloring in images for some handmade cards I plan on surprising a special someone with. I've already got the Triple D book ready for another special person. I think I finally may have found a trick for using watercolor pencils. More on that to come if it actually pans out. I'm also working on challenges for this week. I made two over the week and am debating over whether they are "good enough." I'll post those on Wednesday. Until then...Happy Crafting and Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info