Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Humpday Challenge


Supplies: Cardstock: Archivers; Patterned Paper: Sassafras ;Flowers: Prima; Digital Elements: Ali Edwards for Designer Digitals; Other: Collage from wordle.net; Stock Photo: Microsoft Office Online Media

When I started this blog - I knew that I wanted to do a challenge weekly. Previously, I haven't been diligent about following through on challenges. I passively stalk the blogs thinking it would be so cool to do a challenge and maybe even upload it to their site (gasp!). I decided to go ahead and complete a challenge this week and upload it here. This is a small step towards uploading on the actual sites. This layout is based on the Wish challenge on the Art is Found site. As an added bonus I also used the sketch challenge (#120) on the Pencil Lines blog. The layout is about my biological clock. It's basically been ticking as loud as Big Ben lately. I've been "borrowing" friends' babies to get my fix - don't know how long that's gonna work. I thought my sudden need for mommyhood would be a good subject for a wish layout. The layout isn't exactly what I had hoped for - but I'm satisfied with the outcome. I used a stock photo from my clip art file and entered prospective baby names on wordle.net to create a word collage with my favorite names. By the way, did I say I was obsessed? One challenge down - hopefully many more to come. Challenge sites are a great way to stretch your creativity - especially in a slump. Go ahead. Give it a try. :) Happy Crafting!

BTW: If you are a book lover like me, take a look at two books with scrapbooking challenges: We Dare You: Scrapbook Challenges About Real Life and Cut Loose: Break the Rules of Scrapbooking. Both books are favorites in my craft book stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info