Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Someone Must Be Kidding

Okay. I really wish I could be one of those positive, optimistic people - but, it just isn't a part of my personality. I'm missing that gene. Yes, I love helping people and want the best for the kids I help - but I can't seem to translate that to too many other areas of my life. Case in point - the mailman. For the last few days I've been so excited to get my new Creating Keepsakes. I didn't get one last month (please don't get me started) and I was just positive this one would come. And it did come. But my effing mailman stuffed it in my mailbox with a box of business cards that I can say with 100% certainty did NOT fit. This mailman, in his infinite wisdom, decided to shove my new magazine into the slot pushing it into a mini ball. When I opened the mailbox, I was not amused. I ended up tearing the magazine getting it out of the box. I used a variety of swear words and thought seriously about making the postal service buy me a new magazine. I love my effing magazine. And now it's total crap. So - instead of going to the post office and giving it a big kick in the junk, I put my "new" magazine under a pile of books and am hoping for the best. We'll see. The mailman might need to start wearing a cup for a while.

Moving past my mail debacle, I'm still not crafting - but I have the cards as promised. Don't mind the pink notebook. All of the images below are colored with Bic and Sharpie markers. I love the way these cards came out. I love that the card with the colored pencils is generic. Whenever I need a card, I can enter the sentiment. It's a total win-win. I can also substitute the color pencils for flowers, birds, owls, etc. Just perfecto! I haven't tackled a challenge yet but am looking forward to doing that soon. Really, that's all to report for now. Tomorrow's Friday so I'm quite happy. I'm going to the Greek Festival with my friends and sister this weekend. I hope to see at least one movie. I think it's going to be a super nice couple of days (hey, there's that optimism). I really hope you had a great day. Until then...Happy Crafting.:)

BTW: A cure for the pessimistic streak is embodied by the following statement from the honorable Jack Sparrow; "Just close your eyes and pretend it's a bad dream. That's how I get by."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info