Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Joyful

Saturday was a huge day for me. I was able to take a class taught by the talented Wendy Vecchi. I went to a Stamper's Anonymous trunk show and got a whole lot of swag. Unbelievably I'm still on budget. I got some rockin' photos of artwork by Tim Holtz and Wendy. And...I finished my last sketch for Sketchfest. I'm so proud of myself. It was definitely nice to craft every night of the week. I would like to keep the momentum going. All these wonderful things are making me feel joyful! I love this feeling. So, instead of blubbering on - I want to show my sketch and one amazing tag from the trunk show.

I really like this card. The sketch is there in it's true form - but the flower, bird, and cage are my own little additions. I really love the finished project - mainly because flowers, birds, and bird cages are some of my favorite images! Love it. If you can believe it, I colored the bird and cage with colorbox inks. Then I overstamped with background images from Papertrey Ink. The flower is from Prima. These painterly petals are my favorite flowers of all time - must have more!

Okay - one last thing. I cannot finish this post without including this tag from the Trunk Show. It is completing amazing and NOT MY WORK AT ALL. It is the wonderful work of Tim Holtz and/or Wendy Vecchi. At the class, we learned that Wendy does a lot of Tim's examples presented at shows, etc. Needless to say - I bought this set after seeing the tag - just unbelievable.

So...that's it for now. Quick update on Wednesday Sisters - I didn't make my deadline - but my plan is to choose a longer book and try to finish as soon as possible so I'm still on schedule. I didn't read a word yesterday since I was out all day. I hope everyone had a nice Saturday and has a nice Sunday! Until then...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info