Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Madness

I think I might have talked about this before - but Monday Madness is going through a little bit of a facelift. Instead of showcasing my most wanted products each Monday, I have decided to take the opportunity to show what I've done with previous purchases. This week is a little different. I won't be using anything from previous Monday Madness posts. I'll be showing a card I made on Sunday. I used a tree stamp from Memory Box, patterned paper, chipboard, buttons, a felt flower and brad to make a layered card that I really like. Here is a picture of the Trizzle Tree stamp from the Memory Box site.

Here's the finished card.



I'm pretty happy with the results - even if the coloring could use some work. This is my absolute favorite color scheme. It makes me happy using these colors and I hope this card shows that in some small way. Sometime this week I want to use my new stamps from Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi (check out their blogs by clicking on the sidebar). They're a little out of my comfort zone - but definitely something I would like to make part of my repertoire. Hopefully I will be posting something soon using my new stamps. Tuesday will be a challenge day due to the deadline on the challenge blog. It looks like Wednesday will no longer be the designated day. Challenge day will be determined by the site's deadline. We'll see how that works for me. I really like the structure but want to branch out more.

Update on 52 Book Challenge - I'm happy to report that I finished the Wednesday Sisters today. I need the whole weekend to push through and finish so I've decided my challenge weeks will start on Monday and end Sunday. I'm moving on to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. It will be my third time taking a crack at it. But in the book's defense, I stopped the second time to read Hunger Games before Charm went home. So - I'm hopeful that I will finish by next Sunday AND actually enjoy it. Charm and I were talking tonight about what I'm going to do if I just can't stand a book - don't know yet. I'm toying with the idea of vetoes. I need to set a number if that's the direction I want to head towards. We'll see. It's definitely time to get going. I hope everyone has a super nice Monday. Until then...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info