Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Which Way is the Right Way?


I try very hard to be a conscientious blogger and there has been something weighing heavily on my mind for quite some time.  Exactly what is the etiquette for posting pictures on a blog post?  If I'm posting an image of a book or product - I always assume it is okay to go ahead because it is in fact promotional and I do my best not to bad mouth any product, human being, or otherwise (in print)- unless you're someone like Lord Voldemort who is fictional and seriously has it coming.  So when I saw that Kal Barteski had started an organization/blog called Link with Love, I started to wonder about the fun pictures I use from other blogs and link back to and whether I was actually giving proper credit and respecting my fellow members in the blogosphere.

LINKwithlove


Based on a very cool flow chart found here - I should actually be emailing and asking permission to use said picture from the original producer of the image or the blogger.  At first - I thought it was a little over the top.  I'm in no way trying to pretend like this information or artwork is my own and I do my best to give credit where credit is due.  However, I have mad respect for both Kal and Ali Edwards and understand their concerns.  Apparently - there were some people out there presenting and selling their work as their own without giving credit to either Kal or Ali.  This is unconscionable to me - but still it leaves a lingering question.  So - I sent out my first email today to a lovely blogger who rocks my world to find out if I could use her images and link back to her site.  This is a whole new world for me and I think a lot of things could be changing around here.  I'm a little frightened to take on such a big issue since it will have a huge impact on the way I post here - but I'm hopeful that I'll figure out something that works for me and makes me feel good about what I'm doing here.  If you have any opinions, suggestions, or advice I would love to hear it.  Wish me luck on this new adventure.  It will require me to schedule posts more in advance - so things might get a little sparse around here while I figure it out.  There might be more random musings and less linkage - but that's where I want to be right now and I hope that's okay.

On a more random note - I tried to figure out the whole who/whom grammar nonsense and realized I have no idea which one to use -  and frankly I think most of the population doesn't know either.  I rank under a dummy on this subject because this post did absolutely nothing for me.  I'm debating using who/whom all the time.  And then...I take a deep breath and remember this isn't a grammar quiz -  and I hope to God my blog posts aren't being judged on word usage and sentence structure -  and most importantly my life's moments are way to precious to sit around wondering if I'm using the right effing pronouns when it comes to who and whom.  Take that run on sentence - grammarphobes.  Case closed.  So - I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.  I for one will be spending my last day in bed trying to get my throat to cooperate before attempting a training tomorrow.  Until then...

BTW: I do love grammarphobes.  They are most helpful.  It's just that...honestly,  after taking the time to figure out effect/affect - I just don't have the will or want to figure this thing out.  See previous post on laziness.  Happy Sunday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info