Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Reading Pledge Update

I've lost my mind.  I was looking at my previous post and my list of books and realized I was on book #7 - not book #6 as I believed before.   My father had pointed this mistake out at book #5 and I told him he was wrong.  Sorry Dad - I was the one who was wrong.   So - here's a brief look at the books I've read.  I'm well into The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen and know what book I'm tackling next.  I'm also reading a professional book which I have every intention of counting! So without further ado...here we go...







I originally had planned on giving links to each book - but have decided against it since I think everyone who can should take advantage of the Borders sales going on at this point.  I guess it's my one last bit of support for a place that has given me solace and peace.  I will miss it dearly.  It has been a second home for me.  I will just say that the images came from both Borders and Barnes and Noble websites.  So moving on...I am now almost one hundred pages into this...    


I'm definitely enjoying the magical realism characteristic of Sarah Addison Allen's work.  I'll keep you posted on my progress as time goes on - I have every intention of knocking this book out of the park by tomorrow (Saturday) at midnight.  Loving that I'm getting back to my original love of books.  I promised some crafty postings today but now it's looking more like Sunday.  Hopefully - I'll have three scrapbook pages to present and one tiny book review to give.  I think I'll give my recommendations at the end of my pledge.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday.  Until then...

BTW:  For those of you feeling a little disappointment about the lack of scrappy posting today - I hope it helps to know I'm feeling the slightest bit disappointed too.  I guess it just is what it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info