Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reading Corner - A Little Lost Yet Again

Very quick post on reading.  Very long post on my life RIGHT NOW.  I love Rice Freeman-Zachary.  Rice is pronounced like Lisa by the way - with a R.  I can't find a way to put those little dots on the E.  This is all about art retreats and I must admit I have desperately wanted to attend Art Fest for a few years now.  I love the idea of this book and have found her previous books to be very good.  I'm just waiting to decide if it's coming home with me.  Big decisions...I know.

Source Image
The last couple of days haven't been so hot.  I haven't been feeling well and am feeling myself slip a little.  I'm not waking up with that pep in my step.  I'm waking up with the water behind my eyes and a headache from being SO tired...and you know what?  That's okay.  There will be ups and downs.  Sometimes I"m going to feel like crap and the week is going to look long and somehow insurmountable.  I must remember this - life will move forward.  This thing I'm dealing with is not some linear line - it's like an echo cardiogram - there are ups and downs.  And that is effing okay.  I also need to remember the little things...I cannot spend two days outside of my house on the weekends.  It sets me up for stress and frustration during the week.  I didn't score a 67 on the introvert side for nothing.  It's okay to say no to some outings without the guilt.  I want to yell to myself - IT IS OKAY.  Life isn't easy.  No one promised it would be.  It's worth it on most days and I love what I do now.  The positives outweigh the negatives - I just need to remember to relax.  Lord please help me do that.  I hope everyone has a rockin' Tuesday.  Be gentle with yourself.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info