Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Layout Love - Sketchy Sunday

Another Sunday - a long weekend - and I can't believe I decided to be crafty at 9:00 in the evening.  This is going to be a quick post.  It would be nice to get more than 5 hours of sleep for one night before work.  We'll see.  I took another sketch from Shimelle - have I mentioned how much I admire her - and made my definition of a "simple" layout.  Let's start with the sketch shall we!

Source Image: Shimelle Laine
Love the layout.  Love the little circles.  Didn't manage to put them on my layout.  I shifted the layout a little.  I had horizontal photos and not nearly enough space to journal below them.  I like the end result - despite a lot of emptiness on the left side that drives me a little crazy.  Maybe I love it so much because it reminds me of a time of renewal spent with one of my favorite people.  Maybe that could be my OLW for this upcoming year - Renewal.  Moving on...

Patterned Paper: American Crafts & Studio Calico; Stickers: American Crafts: Letters: American Crafts; Embellishments: American Crafts & My Mind's Eye; Journaling Spot: Unknown
Allow me a little explanation of the origins of the layout.  First of all - I have no idea where that wooden flower button came from.  It's not on the layout.  Sheesh!  I just noticed it!  Man alive I'm a hot mess.  Anyhoo - I refuse to get up and take another picture and hook it up to my computer.  It's 11:00 at night!  I digress...when my Dad was here in the Spring we spent a lot of time purging and organizing.  This included getting rid of a huge chunk of my personal library and disassembling my magazines to pick out my favorite articles.  I bought 100 sheet protectors from one of my favorite stores and put the articles in three binders.  It's a practice I'm going to need to do regularly.  I love the end result.  Less stuff.  Less stress.  Hope everyone had an outstanding weekend.  Until then...

BTW: Unless something MAJOR happens - I will not be posting a new product tomorrow.  I'm tapped out of new products.  I'm almost scared to say it.  However...I assure you - product love will be back soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info