Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Defining My Process

I thought I would take the time to go over my process of cardmaking. So... First I needed to remember what I love about scrapbooking which really is my first love in the paper crafting realm.

1. I love patterned paper. Love it to pieces. I would marry Basic Grey if it was a man. It would be beautiful and just what I needed. I also love Sassafras Lass, Scenic Route Paper, and Prima.

2. I love buttons. Hands down one of my favorite embellishments.

3. I love flowers - can't do any better than Prima flowers.

4. I love to layer - either coordinated or different papers.

5. I also am fond of chipboard.

6. Magazines and books are a big part of my process.

So over the weekend I tried to incorporate these things in my cards. I used Paper Crafts magazine as a jumping off point and copied the sketches exactly. I made very few changes to any of the layouts. Having pictures instead of sketches is a huge bonus. It makes life so much easier! I wonder about how much easier scrapbooking would have been if I had known about the value of being a little bit sketchy. I'm still working on stamping and card making. I have so many stamps that I love - but no comfy way to use them. So...I'm planning on having a good day today. I hope this day finds you well. Until then...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info