Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Books = Burn Out

I wish I had a more uplifting view on books right now - but I feel like I'm in no-man's land. I'm not completely back in the groove with crafting and I'm starting to get disenchanted with my first love - reading. So, I went into the Barnes and Noble Monday night believing I might be able to get the new Paper Crafts magazine - but to no avail. Then I decided to take a gander in the crafty corner of the bookstore - and to my utter surprise this book was there. I had been thinking about this book recently and wondering when it would be coming out. And now it's here - in my apartment of course - and I'm wishing/hoping it will be the fire I need to get back on track. Man, I hope it is.

In other news, I had a fantastic Monday evening attending a retirement for my dear friend. She is one of the few reasons I made it through my first year at Mark Twain and I love her dearly. And the cool thing was - I got to see her in her element with the people who love her. And it dawned on me - that this was love/life in all it's goodness - being surrounded by the people that love you. I laughed so hard hearing some of the stories and thoroughly enjoyed myself despite not wanting to go initially. It was very clear that she had really meant a lot to people and made a difference. It was one of those times that life felt good. I love those times. So with that - I'm going to close out this post. May this Tuesday find you well and loved. Until then...Happy Reading & Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info