Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Challenge Love: Sunday Sketch

Now that I'm part of the Studio Calico club - I decided to go on over to the Sunday Sketch challenge and see if anything there piqued my interest.  When I found this sketch I was initially a little befuddled.

Source Image

First, I don't do double page layouts.  Next, I've never been good at rocking the grid - although I might give it a try the next time I have 3X3's in the house.  Third, for some reason the left side of the sketch read like a card to me.  This is most likely due to my inherent need to layer things.  Finally, the example layout superimposed both sketches and I just couldn't wrap my head around it - despite the fact it was friggin' cool.  Then I scrapped four layouts and posted them on the blog.  A few hours later, my mind was still going and I was ready.


Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye; Ink: Heidi Swapp, October Afternoon; Washi Tape: Target
I decided to stay with the basic foundation I used all day on Sunday.  I sprayed the Heidi Swapp Mint Green Color Shine Mist and really liked the results - finally a positive departure from the splatters (that I love by the way).  Then I went to work.  I decided to do the left side of the layout combined with the bottom third of the right-hand side of the sketch.  I thought I'd just set down the pieces and move on to something else - but the crafty bug had hit me...and I didn't stop until I was finished.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye; Washi Tape: Target; Stickers: American Crafts, October Afternoon; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Ink: Heidi Swapp, October Afternoon; Pen: Sharpie; Other: Buttons
A few notes - the top line of journaling was added last - which should explain the weirdo spacing.  I just had to have that sentence there.  I know odd numbers rule the world of design, however, there are 8 buttons to represent the months this boy has been in our lives.  I used three stickers from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Line.  There are three hearts - counting the one in the middle of the square sticker. That first sentence is driving me crazy.  I digress.

So that's it for this week (for now).  I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info