Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

NSD' 13: When Life Happens

I think we can all agree that I had some lofty plans for this last week.  Unfortunately life had different plans, as it often does.  I had neither the will or ability to take on any crafty projects at the end of my work days.  I actually spent one day at home trying to get ahead of the pain that comes along with my chronic condition.  I was disappointed with myself - until I spoke to my sister.  She told me it was okay - sound familiar?  She reminded me that seven layouts was MY goal and it was okay not to feel well.  It was okay to take care of myself in other ways.  And I accepted it and waited until I could rest up and tackle another story.  So without further ado...my third layout for NSD '13.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, American Crafts; Stickers: Basic Grey, American Crafts; Stamps: Cocoa Daisy, Jillibean Soup; Embellishments: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, Studio Calico, SEI; Other: Buttons, Labels; Ink: Ranger, October Afternoon
I'm entering this into two challenges; Challenge #6: Scrap This List at Two Peas in a Bucket and Shimelle's: The Power of Three.  I had a near freak out about the journaling and I might have used too much patterned paper - if there is such a thing.  The balance feels off and I'm not sure why. But you know what....being 36 has put me a little off balance.  Makes complete sense, right?  So there you have it, my third layout.  I hope to do 1-2 more tomorrow.  Maybe seven was a little ambitious considering I scrapped NINE layouts total in 2012.  Man, I need to be more gentle with myself.  One more thing finally hitting home at the tender age of thirty-effing-six.  I digress.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday.  I hope you're taking the time to rest, heal, and take care of yourself in whatever way you need.  I hope you're putting that self-critical voice in your head in it's place.  I hope you're taking the time to be gentle with yourself and remember "it is okay."  I hope...  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info