Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

One Decision Down...A Thousand More to Go...

Source Image
Okay - so I'm being a little histrionic.  I don't have a thousand decisions to go - but I'm trying to take stock and make my MUST List in the next 26 days.  Not such a big deal - right?  One of the big things weighing on my mind has been this blog - should I keep it up or not?  The question I've been pondering has been whether this little spot of mine has value.  Value - what a great word to focus on for a year.  I've been reading about successful blogging and honestly it's been effing with my head.  I keep on thinking about audience, point of view, and presenting something new and innovative.  I think I've finally realized I'm not being gentle enough with myself.  I love this space.  I have a hard time keeping it going in an authentic, organic way during the school year - but it's important to me and I need to make time for it.  It doesn't have to perfect...  

I just finished The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and realized writing is a passion of mine.  Blogging is one of my passions.  I love the opportunity to express how I feel and where I'm at in my crafting journey.  It's important to ME - which gives it value.  So one decision down - blog will stay (for now).  I've already made a few face lifts.  The next 26 days will be about really nailing down what I want the focus to be on this little space of mine.  Hopefully it will include regular posts and some commentary on my foray into art journaling and mixed media.   I already have some ideas percolating for upcoming posts and am pretty excited.  So that's really it for now.  Double arm pump to Gretchen Rubin for helping me start to think about what really matters despite the ill feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Time to hit the road.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Until then...

BTW: Be looking for posts on my favorite CHA products, online classes I'm currently taking, my reading pledge, and more.  I'm getting a little excited.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info