Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Favorite Pro-Pinterest Sites

If you are following suit with the crazy thoughts in my head - there are a few things I've learned from my research on the web and this great article from Steph at The Daily Digi.  Using this advice, I've come up with a few sites and ideas of my own.

The following sites have "Pin It" buttons installed as a functioning option to all readers.  I believe members of the site would not post items on this site without being aware of the concern/controversy over copyright issues.  So without further ado, three cheers for...

Two Peas in a Bucket - I love the "Pin It" button option on this site.  It allows me to go straight back to the artist/crafter/manufacturer and it also provides my followers with great content and an opportunity to buy products.  No guilt here.

Etsy - I was a little shocked to see a "Pin It" button on this site but there it was in all it's glory.  Based on my aforementioned policy, pin away.  I also think this will help me remember all those great gift, home, craft must haves I find on their site.

Stephanie Howell - I love her and her site so much.  I was ecstatic to see the "Pin It" button.

These next sites have "share this" buttons with Pinterest as an option.  I was really stumped on how the "share this" button worked - however I was happy to crack the code.  At the end of each post there is the date, time, and a little button with the words "share this" to the right.  Click permalink - this will take you to the original post.  Click "share this" button and choose Pinterest.  Pin away.

Ali Edwards - Ali has a green "share this" button at the end of each of her posts.  Click on the date or read more to go to the direct post and you will find the button.

Studio Calico - This site also has a green "share this" button - it's always best to click permalink to go to the original post and pin from there.

Get it Scrapped - This one's a little more tricky.  This site has a "share this" floating menu - very cool option with just a tad bit of confusion on my part.  Pro-Pinterest site equals double arm pump.

Decor8 - This is a really great blog on decorating and other beautiful things.  This blog also has a share this button in the form of a pink heart with a plus sign.  The words "share or save" are to the right of the heart.  Again Pinterest is an option.  Please note - some of the images on this blog are not original to the owner.  However, the original artist did provide permission to the blog owner with the knowledge that  pinning was available.  I would definitely go with your gut on this one.

Polyvore - This is a fashion, vision board type of site.  I love it.  It's definitely a great place to find style inspiration.  I could never wear these clothes in my current state but let's face it...a girl is allowed to dream.

Other site(s)...

Crate Paper - I had to do a little digging to get this one figured out.  They don't have a share it button.  However, they do have giveaways for readers that pin items from their gallery.  Needless to say - definitely a Pro-Pinterest site.

I think this a pretty good list for now.  I will update it periodically as time goes on for those readers with any interest on the subject.  I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info