Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Product Love

Source Image
I'm completely in love with hand sewing on my layouts thanks to Amy Tangerine.  It started with her great embroidery stencil kits and has grown.  It has given new life to my punches.  I just can't wait to see what else I can do.  I'm in love with embroidery thread.  It's inexpensive.  It comes in SO many colors.  It's wonderful.  And...it really packs a wallop on layouts.  It has the ability to take a layout to another level.  I'm slightly addicted.

Supplies: Paper: American Crafts; Echo Park Paper; Stickers: American Crafts; Simple Stories; Stamps: Hero Arts; KI Memories; Brad: Basic Grey; Buttons: October Afternoon; Studio Calico; Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Ranger Dylusions; 

This layout was definitely the moment when I realized how much hand sewing had to offer to my scrapbooking process.  I can't say enough about it.  I love it so much.  The elephant is actually a stamped image from Hero Arts that I sewed and cut out.  I made the circles with a Fiskars punch with leftover scraps.  I pieced the scraps together to make full circles and then sewed around each.  The pictures are actually tucked into the folds of patterned paper.  The boy is definitely the star of this layout.  However, the embroidery thread/sewing just makes it so much better.

So that's it...my pick for this Monday.  I hope everyone has a great week.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info