Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's All in the Process

In the past two or three months, my creative process has really evolved.
  • I've started to embrace spray mist in my own small way.
  • I keep pictures and papers on my "work" table the entire week and take five minutes here and there to move things around and get the creative juices flowing.
  • I use my small bits of creative time during the week to jumpstart my larger blocks of creative time on the weekend.
  • I'm doing my very best to embrace my mistakes.
  • I stamp on my layouts.
  • I try new things.
  • I'm finally realizing it is okay.
So in the spirit of all things creative and process oriented.  I thought I'd show you the evolution of a layout.  Since I've started scrapping about my nephew - I often choose the photo prior to the story.  I'm finding that I don't always need words - which is a HUGE departure from my previous approach.   I still love my words - I'm just okay with them being minimal, and in some cases, non-existent.  I'm kind of loving that right now.  So without further ado....

First I chose the photos and products.  I played around with the photo placement.  I really loved the picture on the left and wanted it on top.  I went with the second option.  



Next, I chose my spray mist and paper colors based on the boys outfit.





Then I placed the pictures based (very loosely) on a sketch from the lovely Shimelle Laine.


Next up, title work - probably one of the hardest steps.  I always wish I had more letters in different styles.


Now the embellishing begins...



Finally - I added some sewing around the clouds and the hearts on the cameras.  Finished!


So, that's it for today.  Hope my process is interesting or helpful in some way.  I can't say enough about splatters and sewing.  I love it so much.  Hope everyone has a great Thursday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info