Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reading Loves and Slumps

It's that time of year - the time when I switch books mercilessly looking for the "perfect" fit.  The time when I buy tons of things looking for the holy grail.  This is the time when I worry I might never find another good book again.  I search for the answer to my slump - words to reignite my love for reading.  The great truth is...there is no "perfect" fit at this time of year.  While spring represents an amazing rebirth - it in no way relates to my reading or creative life.  So - I'm still here searching while doing my best to remember this is part of my process.  There is no need to scream to the heavens or take up book burning as a new hobby.  My reading love will return...someday.  My current victim (or book) is this beauty right here...

Source Image

I have the feeling it's a great book.  It's just not the right time.  I enjoy every moment I read it - but have no drive to pick it back up.  This is a key slump indicator at this time of the year.  At other times of the year it's an indicator I might be reading a lemon - but not now.  Sometimes I wonder if this is not the time to be reading potentially great reads.  I don't know if my mind will ever see books at this time as truly great.  There is definitely a high statistical improbability of finding any kind of page turner at this point in my reading cycle.  I was reading this - and put it on hold.  It's definitely not a fourth quarter read.  It's going on the summer book list.  I can't wait until summer.  Summer is the time when my blogging and reading life blossoms.  If I could only bottle that lovely goodness year round.  If only...

I hope everyone has had a lovely Tuesday filled with great reads.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info