Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day Three - Swap City

I finished reading Collaborative Art Journals and Shared Visions in Mixed Media by L.K. Ludwig yesterday and it got me so geeked up to try something new - swaps.  This morning I went on several different websites and decided to ask to be a part of two swaps.  The first swap is on 2 Peas and it's a circle journal.  There will be ten participants and each person gets to choose their theme.  Each participant provides a 6X6 or 8X8 binder to reduce costs.  Each book travels to all ten participants.  My theme (if chosen) will be about inspiration.  Where do the participants find their inspiration.  I haven't gotten approved for this one.  Keep your fingers crossed.


The second swap was on a new site I found ATCs for All.  They host a variety of different ATC swaps and I've already been accepted for one!  Yay!  The focus is on six word fiction - also known as flash fiction.  One example of six word fiction cited on the message board was by Ernest Hemingway.  Hemingway reported it to be his best work.

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

I think this story is amazing.  So much said in so few words.  I'm excited to take a stab at writing and making art.  I'll be sure to post my progress with my stories and my ATCs.  I think it's a little strange to sign up for a swap after making my second ATC ever - but this is what Project 33 is about.  Stretching myself creatively.   There was another swap called The Happy Cupcake swap but I don't think I'm artistic enough for that swap.  They don't want images embellished with markers and glitter.  Pretty much leaves me out.  

Today: I started a layout "33 at 33."  It's a list of 33 things I want to do while I'm 33.  I also went to a new restaurant with two friends to celebrate my birthday.  I found a new book which I want very much.

It doesn't come out until June.  Until then...I'll be wishing and hoping.  I also bought a book on Asperger's Syndrome to help with my job.  I hope it meets my needs.  Well that's it for now.  I hope you had a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info