Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Project 33 - Day Two


Today was a really good day.  I often find the day after my birthday to be the equivalent of being kicked in the junk.  It's something of a let down to go back to being ordinary.  Thankfully - I didn't feel that today which could be chalked up to the mundane number 33.  Who the heck knows?  So instead of wallowing - I took a nap and then started crafting.

I decided to go small today.  I made an ATC using a technique from this new book by Tim Holtz called double distressing.  I used grunge paper and this Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then inked and embossed a bird cage from Maya Road.  I stamped the bird on an old dictionary page .  I attached the bird cage with a decorative brad and printed out my statement.  I then cut the statement out using postage decorative scissors.  I really like the outcome.  I highly recommend trying out new techniques on tags or ATC's - much less daunting.  Here's a closer look at the finished ATC.


For the magnet - I finally used a product that I've had for a while - my acrylic cupcakes.  I had to have them about 8 months ago and haven't used them until today.  The magnet was super easy to make.  I alcohol inked the cupcake then stamped my sentiment from Basic Grey on white paper.  I glued the acrylic cupcake to the white paper, added a brad and put two magnets on the back.  I used diamond glaze to glue the acrylic and paper together. I loved the finished outcome.  I wish I could show a close-up but the flash leaves a glare. 

Final thoughts: An ATC is an amazing little canvas to try new techniques.  It's a lot less daunting than looking at a larger blank canvas or 12X12 sheet of paper.  I didn't feel nervous when I started.  These small projects leave me rejuvenated creatively and excited about what will come tomorrow.  I decided to leave the table when I was still enthusiastic instead of crafting myself into oblivion.  I'm hoping it helps me be primed for tomorrow.  Reading about crafts and creativity is going to be a huge part of the next 31 days.  I've decided to focus on one book at a time.  I have chosen this book to start - I've had it for a while.  Finally - I like the blog being private.  My friend pointed out that I post more when the blog is private and I think that's proven to be true.  I like things this way.  That's it for now.  I hope this day has been great.  Until then...Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info