Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 13 - Holy Crafting Batman!

I've spent the last three days crafting and shopping.  I had one of my best friends over for a craft weekend extravaganza and CKC.  I'm not sure I could ask for anything more.  For those of you who are curious - I'm going to give a recap of my favorite purchases.

*Claire and Jocelyn paper lines from SEI -
*Quite Contrary Line by My Mind's Eye
*Max and Whisker's Line from Basic Grey
*Adventures in Happiness store kit from Unity Stamps
Crafting: I spent a good amount of the first two days of the craft weekend organizing supplies, stamping and coloring images, and just playing around in general.  By the time my friend left (sat. night), I had two cards and 5 pages of my 8X8 circle journal covered.  I felt quite unproductive next to her 15 scrapbook pages but such is life.  However, I got up this morning and decided to make a present for a co-worker expecting a baby girl.  I covered/decorated a frame, made 10 blank cards, and one Basic Grey matchbook album.  I did all this before 12:00.  I needed time to warm up to start cranking things out which is a luxury my friend can't have because she's a new mommy to a 10 month old.  This is a good lesson for me.  I need to chill out and stop comparing myself to others.  Truth be known - I had a pretty chill outlook on the whole thing - which is definitely progress.

So - my camera battery is out which means I will not be posting any of my projects today.  I sent one card with my friend.  She had bought the stamp set as a birthday present and I really wanted her to have it.  Which reminds me - I gave a lot of my cards to my friend.  I'm someone who loves to make cards but I hardly ever send any.  I take opportunities to give my cards away to special people I know will use them.  Now it's time to crank more out for the next person.

In lieu of current crafting pictures - I'm attaching a few pictures of my favorite cards from the last couple months.  I don't have any big plans for this week - which is good.  I'm trying to remember to approach each day as a blank slate.  Here's hoping that works.  I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing weekend.   Until then...
BTW! Thanks so much for donating the clothes MWB!  I know she'll appreciate them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info