Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

May I Please Have a Do-Over?

Don't call it a comeback...

Just kidding!  I'm back...I guess.  Again, I've been missing this place - wondering what it should look like in the light of a four month absence.  Currently I sit at my little computer desk with the smell of coffee inhabiting my senses and the sounds of Joseph Gordon Levitt in the background.  Pretty flowery language...just to say I smell coffee and The Dark Knight Rises is playing on my television.  Still I prefer the first version just as I prefer my life with this blog in it.  I did my best to walk away.  I even tried to start anew...alas, it was not meant to be.  This is my place.  This is where I belong - so I move forward.  My hope is to post once or twice a week to start.  Eventually I'd like to get back in a rhythm with a regularly scheduled format - but for now it needs to be pretty much pressure free.  My plan is to focus on crafting, reading, and watching.  I'm going to do my best to make this a worry free space.  I'm not going to worry about how far behind I am or how I haven't started painting or art journaling yet.  I'm not going to think about how I've only read 5 out of 50 books this year.  I'm also not going to think about how my original goal was read 70 books - don't know what the eff I was thinking.  I'm just going to try and embrace what I have in front of me...what my life is now.  So... here's a quick list.
  • I've read 5 books this year.  I read 45 last year and it was a true joy.  I've never felt so connected to my younger self.
  • I made nine layouts last year.  I've made seven since the start of Lent.  I'm a happy girl.
  • I've reacquainted myself with 6 X 6 paper pads.  I love, love, love them.
  • I've started paying closer attention to my style and curating my Pinterest boards with a little more discerning eye.  I've deleted over 1,000 pins since Lent.  
  • I'm closing in on my own version of artsy scrapbooking - taking the baby steps.
  • I've met my nephew and he is beautiful.  I love his sweet face - the feel of him in my arms.  
  • I'm finally starting to hit my stride creatively and I'm happier for it.
I will be sharing my layouts in upcoming posts.  I also plan on sharing inspirational links and pins.  Thanks so much for coming by or making your way back whichever it may be.  I hope this Sunday finds you well.  Until then...

Right Now: I'm going to turn off this movie because it's not really the kind of thing I want to scrap to...and get started on two layouts and a small photo book for a friend.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info