Just kidding! I'm back...I guess. Again, I've been missing this place - wondering what it should look like in the light of a four month absence. Currently I sit at my little computer desk with the smell of coffee inhabiting my senses and the sounds of Joseph Gordon Levitt in the background. Pretty flowery language...just to say I smell coffee and The Dark Knight Rises is playing on my television. Still I prefer the first version just as I prefer my life with this blog in it. I did my best to walk away. I even tried to start anew...alas, it was not meant to be. This is my place. This is where I belong - so I move forward. My hope is to post once or twice a week to start. Eventually I'd like to get back in a rhythm with a regularly scheduled format - but for now it needs to be pretty much pressure free. My plan is to focus on crafting, reading, and watching. I'm going to do my best to make this a worry free space. I'm not going to worry about how far behind I am or how I haven't started painting or art journaling yet. I'm not going to think about how I've only read 5 out of 50 books this year. I'm also not going to think about how my original goal was read 70 books - don't know what the eff I was thinking. I'm just going to try and embrace what I have in front of me...what my life is now. So... here's a quick list.
- I've read 5 books this year. I read 45 last year and it was a true joy. I've never felt so connected to my younger self.
- I made nine layouts last year. I've made seven since the start of Lent. I'm a happy girl.
- I've reacquainted myself with 6 X 6 paper pads. I love, love, love them.
- I've started paying closer attention to my style and curating my Pinterest boards with a little more discerning eye. I've deleted over 1,000 pins since Lent.
- I'm closing in on my own version of artsy scrapbooking - taking the baby steps.
- I've met my nephew and he is beautiful. I love his sweet face - the feel of him in my arms.
- I'm finally starting to hit my stride creatively and I'm happier for it.
I will be sharing my layouts in upcoming posts. I also plan on sharing inspirational links and pins. Thanks so much for coming by or making your way back whichever it may be. I hope this Sunday finds you well. Until then...
Right Now: I'm going to turn off this movie because it's not really the kind of thing I want to scrap to...and get started on two layouts and a small photo book for a friend. Wish me luck!