Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Movie Mania

As part of my recovery process - I've tried to reacquaint myself with my previous loves - tried to identify the gaping holes in my life.  One of those black holes (as I like to call them) was my love for movies.  When I lived on the west coast, I would stand in line for hours to see movies on opening night.  I would get free passes on the street for movies that weren't even in theaters yet.  I loved movies.  I saw Armageddon for free at the actual screening facility in the Academy of Arts and Sciences.  There were Oscar statuettes everywhere.  Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay introduced the movie.  Ben and Gwyneth were there.  There was free food.  I was in movie love heaven...and then I moved.

Immediately something began to shift in my movie loving life.  I began to complain about the small theaters and became a movie snob.  I only go to specific theaters in my city.  I spend a lot of time thinking this screen is too small when I'm sitting in the theater.  I miss the screens in Westwood.  However, there comes a time when you must remember.  I love movies and they make me happy.  So I've been integrating them back into my life.

This weekend I went and saw this fantastic movie with two friends...

Source Image
It's amazing.  Outstanding.  It's both funny and heart breaking all at the same time.  I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt - love that he's morphing into an outstanding actor.  I love his energy - his smile.  I love his dimples.  He might be my newest celebrity crush.  Seth Rogen is his usual hysterical self.  I'm not going to go into a whole review here.  I'll just say this - get to the theater and see this.  It's worth the two hours.  It's worth the 8-15 bucks.  It's just worth it.  It's the reason I love movies.  And one more thing - JGL deserves an Oscar nomination.  So that's it for today - a little about recovery - a little bit about movies.  I'm hoping to have an outstanding day today.  I'm not gonna lie - Monday kicked me in the junk while yelling it takes no prisoners.  Monday better watch out in two weeks.  I'm coming for it!  Time to go to the mattresses, stop licking my wounds and take control of Tuesday.  Hope you have a wonderful day.  Until then...




Updated Wednesday, October 5, 2011: Just a quick update - Tuesday almost made me lose the will to live.  So today I say suck it and make the best out of this "outstanding" week.  Yes Sheldon, that would be sarcasm. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info