I've wanted to make the jump to mixed-media - art journaling, collage, etc. - for quite some time. Unfortunately, I've been gripped by the fear of failure, inadequacy, and my complete inability to draw an even satisfactory stick person. Despite these fears - I have been unable to shake this drive to create something with paint, stencils, and all kinds of other lovely products. So - I took a big leap and signed up for Christy Tomlinson's She Art Workshop. She has a great deal going on right now. She's starting a new She Art Workshop and is offering both 1 & 2 for $70. I've been on the first site for a few weeks and I need to get my rear in gear. So I thought I'd start my new posts with a list of my favorite mixed media blogs and series.
Fun Mixed Media Finds
- Christy Tomlinson's blog - home of a lot of great free videos and ideas
- Dina Wakely - ponderings
- Samantha Kira - journal girl
- Karen Grunberg - the inspiration for my taking the leap with She Art.
- Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesdays and Collage Mondays
- Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday Series
- My Craft Channel's "Art Redefined" ~ also featuring the lovely Christy Tomlinson