Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Year in Review: 11 Favorite Blogposts

I am so inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.  I think she's an overall wonderful person and am amazed at her self-taught creativity.  So in her honor - I am "lifting" an idea from her blog.  These are my 11 favorite posts from 2011!

These posts are in chronological year...

March 27, 2011: Finding Your Way


In this post, I discuss how Karen Grunberg's Finding Your Way class impacted the way I scrapbook.  I absolutely loved this class.  I'm not sure if this favorite has more to do with the class or the post.  Who knows?

March 29, 2011: I Need a Little Magic



This post reflects a very low time for me emotionally.  I love the quote and the reawakening that followed.

June 28, 2011: It's Been a Long Time, I Shouldn't Have Left You...


This post marked the beginning of my summer reading pledge.  I read a lot of great books over the next six to seven weeks - it definitely reflects a move in the right direction in terms of getting back to the basics of what I love.

June 29, 2011: A Metaphorical Smack to the Head



While my Dad was here visiting and helping me put back the broken egg shells I called my life - he turned me on to one of my favorite shows hands down - NCIS.  This post has been one of my most popular - clearly a mistake.  I love it - love my Dad - love the show.

July 28, 2011: Process of a Page - CHA Madness Day #4


This post definitely was a low point in terms of my photo abilities.  I believe my battery was out on my digital camera.  However, it marks my first process of a page post.  It's something I want to commit to doing more often in 2012.  I'm very proud of the outcome and content - despite the lousy pictures.

August 4, 2011: Do You Believe in Magic


I think I've done a pretty decent job of keeping my private life separate from this blog.  However, when it comes to anxiety and depression I think it's important to be honest about the journey.  I hope I've been honest with my struggles while maintaining my privacy and self-respect.

August 18, 2011: Simple Gifts - Process of a Project


Another stepped out project post.  I love the bird.  I love the finished project.  And...I absolutely love the person that received this little gift of mine.

August 20, 2011: ISFP


I loved this post inspired by one of my favorite podcasts.  I was completely surprised by my results in some areas.  I also gave an update on my reading pledge and posted this quote - which I think is worthy of acknowledging here yet again...


"Live each day as it's your last,' that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that?  What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just wasn't practical.  Better by far to simply try and be good and courageous and bold and to make a difference.  Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you.  Go out there with your passion and your electric typewriter and work hard at...something.  Change lives through art maybe.  Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well.  Experience new things.  Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."
Nicholls, David.  (2009).  One Day.  New York, NY: Vintage Books.


September 17, 2011: Quote Love, Confessions, and High Anxiety


This post is about quotes, books, and my continuing struggles with maintaining my health.  It also marks my love affair with Kate Atkinson - which was cemented when I finished the book above.

October 4, 2011: Movie Mania


I loved this movie - loved the post.  I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  I also like my attempts to be funny.

November 12, 2011: Continuum: Am I Spelling that Right?


This posts reminds me of how much I love my new placement in my job.  It also reminds me of how I will move to mixed-media this year.  It's a must.

I hope you've enjoyed my favorite posts of the year.  For the sources on each image, please click on the link to the original post.  Also - I really recommend taking the time to read Julie's post - it's amazing.  I hope to have a few more Year in Review Posts this week.  I know I should have done it last week - but that's just not how life works sometimes.  Here's hoping you are still having a wonderful day!  I have at least one more post planned today - so see you on the flip side very, very soon!  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info