Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's Simple


You might have noticed the blog has been given an overhaul once again.  Truth is - I haven't been satisfied with the blog for a while - since I lost the cupcakes.  I decided I needed something simple.  Mainly because this is what I'm wishing for my life right now - simplicity.  Honestly I'm not sure if I'll be back blogging at full force again.  I'm not sure I'm there yet.  The past few months have been really hard and I feel a little lost.  The last thing I want is another obligation.  But...this was a place for me to be more of myself and contribute to the crafting world in my own way.  I feel terrible that it turned into one more thing hanging over my head.  My hope is that I will start to pick up the pieces of this thing I've created and come back new and different.  I want to be able to be more honest.  Which is why the blog is going private again.  I'm not sure that many people are checking it - so I think it's okay to take a step back into privacy once more.  I will finally be able to reinstate some of my posts.  For me - this is a journal of sorts - albeit a little more public.  I want to get back to that.

In other news - I have a birthday coming up.  It's rather minor - 33 - but I've been dreading it.  Let's just face it - it's not a great sign using my numbers theory.  But - I'm not gonna let that get me down.  I'm starting a new project on my birthday.  I'm calling it Project 33 since I'm not rocking in the imagination department right now.  I'm going to do 33 projects in 33 days.  How am I defining a project?  It's pretty simple - a project is ANY artistic product.  It could be a blog post with my favorite pictures from free photo sites.  It could be an ATC, card, magnet, collage, scrapbook layout, altered photograph, etc.  I have just three rules.  First, I can only use one sketch a week.  Second, I must enter one challenge per week.  Third, I don't have to follow the first two rules if I don't want to.  Nice, huh?

So that's it for me now.  This week is Spring Break and I'm keeping my vampire hours for now.  I'm seriously a night owl which interferes with my work days.  I'm allowing myself to keep these hours until next Thursday and then I'm slowing moving back into my school routine.  That's it for now.  I hope this Sunday finds you well.  Until then...here's to simplicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info