Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Disappearing Acts

It pretty much goes without saying that if I'm missing from this blog - I'm experiencing some kind of creative block. Thankfully I pulled out some pictures and really thought about some of the stories I've wanted to tell. I've been trying to create cohesion in my albums and there was a big hole in my nephew's story.

On the day Kai was born, I had the forethought to take a picture. I wanted to document my feelings about the birth of my nephew with a picture of the two of us. Since he lives on the eastern side of the country and I'm smack in the middle of the heartland, it wasn't possible to get a picture together. Luckily someone had flipped the switch on to my brain that morning. I took a picture in the car on my way to work. And then he was born and my heart expanded. I'm not sure why I've waited almost 11 months to scrap this story. I'm just glad I've finally did.

One of the things that I love about the Lucky Charm line is the use of the "You are My Sunshine" lyrics. It is perfect for expressing how I feel about Mr. Kai. I would like to say this layout was easy - but it would be an absolute mother-effing lie. I was constantly trying to make things fit into the rule of thirds, mixing colors, getting the story on the page, etc. I wanted to pull out my effing hair. And then it finally just clicked. Some people refer to that as serendipity...others call it luck...and I call it grace. Grace to be able to tell the story. Grace to be able to quiet the overly critical voices in my head long enough to do something creative. Grace to be blessed with such a beautiful little baby in my life - despite the distance. Just grace...

And I leave you with that and a quick update. Since my fiasco and futile attempts to make cards (which never happened), crafting has pretty much come to a complete stop in these parts. Thankfully I got my ass in my chair yesterday and took another spin today. The success is posted above. Today was nothing short of a cluster@#$!. Plenty of fodder for a fiasco post. I'm going to do my best to be around here more for the second part of the month. I hope you're all doing well. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info