Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

It's All Coming Back to Me Now

It's slow going - but I'm scrapbooking again.  I don't have the best pictures to share.  I'm really into Instagram right now and I think it's a perfect app for sharing my more personal layouts.  So without further ado...

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Echo Park; Letters: American Crafts Thickers; Cardstock Stickers; Crate Paper, Embellishments: October Afternoon; Stamps: Autumn Press; Ink: Distress Ink, Dylusions; Stencil: Crafter's Workshop
This layout was a little tricky.  It was based loosely on a sketch from Scrap Friends and I realized it was all wrong because my sweet nephew was looking towards the outside of the album.  I made the changes and it came together.  It was a good first step back into the fray.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Banner: Heidi Swapp; Letters: American Crafts; Stickers: K&Company, October Afternoon; Buttons: My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon; Cardstock Embellishments: Crate Paper; Brad: SEI; Wooden Flower; Kaisercraft; Ink: Distress Inks & Markers; Silver embellishment: unknown
 I had seen a lot of crafters take on this paper and was super excited to use it.  There was only one problem...The ultrasound photo had so much black it needed to be more prominent in the overall scheme.  I decided to outline each and every piece of paper with my black distress ink marker.  It's hard to tell in this photo - but it helped make the elements pop and gave some unity to the layout.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, My Mind's Eye; Paper Embellishments: October Afternoon; Brad: SEI, Letters: American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park Paper; Stickers; October Afternoon; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Spray Ink: Studio Calico; Flair Buttons: American Crafts, Basic Grey; Cardstock Embellishments; Crate Paper
I loved doing this layout.  My niece had sent me a video the night before and I knew I just had to scrapbook what she said.  I had a lot of fun mixing papers and embellishments.  I also loved the spray mist effect.

So that's it for now - I don't have any immediate plans to scrapbook but my muse is definitely no longer on permanent hiatus.  It's nice to see her again.  I hope everyone is having a great Monday.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info