Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Back

I'm back. I can't believe it's this soon considering how bad I felt when I started my hiatus but I've been crafting with slight trepidation for over a week now. It started with collaging. I got the bug to paint some collages on old book covers - inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts. The results were interesting. And to be honest - I really like the outcome. It gave me the courage I needed and it also had the added bonus of helping me move forward creatively.

Next, I attended the rubber stamping convention which was different than anything I had ever experienced. I got some pretty cool swag and then started rubber stamping and focusing on coloring images. I had a lot of fun doing it so I continued to experiment - the outcome wasn't important. I ended up putting some of the images in my journal. Then I started to feel the scrapbooking bug - I was completely scared to give a try again - but finally the time seemed right. And the layout below came out of that. I have since made two more (in about a week) and I feel good about each of them. I'm trying to identify the elements and techniques that make me happy - and so I identified that on the layout below (Click to get a larger picture). It's good being back - but I'm definitely easing in which feels good too. I'm not going to let my inner critic run over me. I hope everyone likes that I'm back - it feels good too!

BTW: There are a "few" typos on the second picture - please ignore them - it was my first time doing a critique. Clearly I need to zoom just a little more. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info