Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Top 10 CHA Loves

Okay...this is my second go at a very long post.  I'm a little irritated that things didn't go as planned but I'm trying to embrace life's little imperfections and remember sometimes winning is just showing up.  So here I am - with my ass in my chair showing up for the thing I care about a lot - this little blog of mine and CHA product posts.   If you want to see these products in action - hop on over to the Paperclipping channel on YouTube and take a look.  I just love Izzy and Noell and they do outstanding work.  I've added the links to each product for your convenience.  I hope you enjoy.  So without further ado - drumroll please Rooba.....

10.  Sketchbook by Amy Tangerine for American Crafts (link to video)

Source Image
Source Image 
Source Image
I absolutely loved Amy Tangerine's first line for American Crafts.  If it was a man, I would have fell in love with it.  Heck, if it was a woman, I would have fell in love with it.  Although her most recent release frightens me a bit with it's artsy style and bright color palette, I'm so excited to see it.  I fully embrace anything with the name Amy Tangerine connected to it.  I loved the first line that much.  I can't wait to see the new one in person.

9.  Neapolitan by Dear Lizzy for American Crafts (link to video)

Source Image 
Source Image
Source Image
I love Elizabeth Kartchner.  I've loved her style since she was Scrapbooker of the Year for Creating Keepsakes magazine.  She likes to push the limits and create very cool things.  I have a love for mason jars.  There I said it.  I don't know where it came from or why - but I'm enjoying my brush with all things mason.  I actually already have a mason jar stamp - however, it does not have nearly the amount of  whimsy or spunk of the Dear Lizzy version.  I will be buying this version as soon as I can find it.  Love it - love her.  Just a note: here's another line with a color scheme completely out of my comfort zone, but I'm going to embrace this one too.

8.  Follow Your Heart by Rhonna Farrer for My Mind's Eye (link to video)

Source Image
I've already brought most of this line home - in paper form - and I love it so much.  Rhonna Farrer is definitely a rock star.  It's completely my color scheme and it's giving me the opportunity to try a new style of scrapping.  I think I'm going to call it artsy minimalism - think Marcy Penner and Lisa Truesdell aka gluestickgirl.  I've done one layout and it isn't quite artsy minimalism but I'm trying to move in that direction.  Definitely check out the video by Paperclipping.  The Marketing Director, KC, is definitely swoon worthy!

7.  D.I.Y. Thickers by American Crafts (link to video)

Source Image

These Thickers are something special and have a great amount of potential.  Just add glitter, micro beads, tinsel, etc. and you have your own personal letter stickers.  I'm very excited about this product.  Although I'm not much of a glitter girl, I'm stoked to see how these work.  Not to mention - I love so many of the fonts.  So excited....

6.  Dylusions Ink Spray by Ranger Ink (link to video)

Source Image

Source Image

This is a new product from Ranger by one of their newest signature artists - Dyan Reaveley.  She has a fantastic line of stamps with Stamper's Anonymous and is now adding her own touch to the ink spraying world.  Why a new spray line?  I have no idea - but I love the way her colors look.

5.  Studio Calico - Mists, Masks, & Stamps (link to video)
Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Okay so this might be a little bit of a cheat - three different kinds of products counted as one pick - but who really cares when the products are so fabulous.  I'm completely excited about these products and can't wait to get my hands on them.  This will definitely be an online order since Studio Calico is in short supply around here.  Love it so much.  Also - I'm completely smitten with Kelly Purkey's stamp line - so great.

4.  Hambly Honeycomb Paper & Washi Tape (link to video)

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Washi Tape is a hot new trend right now - and frankly I think Hambly has knocked it right out of the park with their line of decorative tapes.  Hambly has a lot of really great products in their newest release - please be sure to check out the video to see their amazing offerings.  I don't often see Hambly products in my neck of the woods so I most likely will be "forced" to order these online.  In regards to the honeycomb, it's divine.  Enough said...

3.  The Crafter's Workshop Layered Stencils by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (link to video)

Source Image

Love the idea of these templates.  I haven't yet embraced the world of stenciling and frankly I can't wait to see how how these work.  I love Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and would buy every one of her templates if my wallet allowed.  I digress.  I have this particular template in my house right now - but can't wait to try out the others as well.  Great job Julie!!!  One last thing - if you'd like to see this template in action - check out this project by Mou Saha.

2.  Ranger Ink Distress Markers by Tim Holtz (link to video)

Source Image

I'm not sure I can put into words the level of my glee for these new markers.  I cannot wait to give them a try.  I have every intention of buying the entire set at one time.  They are featured in every single Distress Ink color and I cannot wait to have a set of my own.  The cost on the front end for these little beauties is steep but I'm hoping it'll all be worth it in the end.  Love it.


And last, but definitely not least - I give you...

1.  Memory Files System by Heidi Swapp (link to video)

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image

Source Image
Source Image

Source Image
I'm so excited about this new product line.  I'm hoping it will fit into my scrapping life seamlessly.  I plan on taking Heidi's Art of Observation class at Big Picture Classes and becoming more acquainted with the loveliness that is her new line.  Double arm pump for Heidi Swapp!!!


So there it is...my CHA loves.  After writing this new post - I can say with almost complete certainty that the first post was far better.  I guess it is what it is. Have a wonderful Monday.  Until then...

BTW: Look for a Honorable Mentions post later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info